Thursday 10 February 2011

Spring/Summer 2011 Favourites

Alexander McQueen

I have always been fond of McQueen, the label tends to push boundries, hence his reputation as 'L'Enfant Terrible'. The show has a regal feeling to it with the long lenth dresses and high collars mixed with accents of gold.

These are some of my favourite looks of the show.


This is my favourite look as I like the gold floral detailing on the corset that fits to the skin.

I like the ruffled collar on the jacket and shirt of this outfit, it has a very victorian feel.


Oscar De La Renta

I love the glamour and femininty of this show. I like the opulence of the looks, the colours and volume in the gowns and the cut of the garments give an air of expense.


I like the large shawls on these garments, they have an elizabethan feel to them.

 This dress is very grand and the colour adds more drama. The ruffles and layers add more movement and texture to the garment.

Nina Ricci

This show encapsulates femininity, I like the high collars and ruffles.


I like how the high fuffled collar adds a feminine twist to the outfit as it is fairly loosly fitted and it adds texture to a plain blouse.


This is my favourite look, there is texture and movement. I like that the garment has a lot of focus at the top as it has a shorter length.

No comments:

Post a Comment