Monday 28 February 2011

Beauty Editorials

To find the style of shoot that we liked we all researched into beauty editorials, stuying the composition, lighting, poses etc.

Firstly I looked at a shoot taken from Vogue Uk 2010, photographed by Robin Derick, the make up artist for this shoot was Lisa Eldridge.



I like the vibrance of the shoot, and how this is more artistic than actual everyday make up. I think this artistic style could help influence our work to make in more outrageous.


This is another shoot from Vogue Uk 2009 photographed by Catherine Servel, again the make up artist for this was Lisa eldridge.

I like this styling of this shot as the main focus is on the eyes. They are very dramatic and the rest of the look is very simple such as the craped back hair and the plain white blouse. This means you are directly looking at the models face.

I love the composition of this image. There is hardly any background and theres no dramatic garments or accessories taking up the shot. I like how the focus is solely on the eyes of the model as the rest of the make up is very neutral in comparison. I think this makes a great beauty editorial.



This shoot is from Vogue Nippon. Shot by Daniel Jackson, models  Naty Chabanenko, Valeria Dmitrienko and Ragnhild Jevne are stlyed by make up artist Linda Cantello.




I like these pictures the most as they are shot from the shoulders up, this means they have been able to style with jewellery and make up to make the shots look more interesting. I think this style will work well as we have dramatic hair and make up styles.

No comments:

Post a Comment