Thursday 10 February 2011

Make Up

As I like close up shots such as the ones I have shown by Greg Kadel, I like when there is some dramatic or interesting make up.
I think you can achieve very unique looks with make up and alter the mood of the image.

John Galliano uses dramatic make up in every one of his shows. I like how he translates the theme of his show into make up. The looks are different and is not something you would wear everyday which makes you instantly drawn to the look.


These looks are very dramatic using heavy make up. I like the first images more as they are more vibrant. The cheekbones are highlighted in these images which gives more shape and dimensions to the look.



 This look is obviously oriental and the make up has been designed from the typical geisha style make up. The hair style and accessories only help to add to the theme.
I like the playful side to these looks using hair accessories and wigs. The first is a lot more inncoent lokoing than the latter and the colours chosen for the looks really help to reflect this.


No comments:

Post a Comment