Wednesday 20 April 2011

Styling

In terms of styling, myself and Fay need to think of different looks and find inspiration so that we can form an image that we can look to create.

Here I have looked at some ideas for the more minimal looks. We are wanting to use darker colours, mainly black as this will help the theme.

Here are some shows I have looked at for inspiration:

Chloe
Spring/Summer 2011



I like the structed styling and the mix of different fabrics such as leather and chiffons.


3.1 Phillip Lim
Spring/Summer 2011




The colours dont really work with the pallette we are looking at, but the styling and tailoring fits in with our styling. I also like how the more baggier styles are clinched in with tied belts.


Vera Wang
Spring/Summer 2011



I think this show is a big inspiration to the styling we are looking at as it is structured and all black. The styling for the runway show was very minimal e.g. there were not masses of necklaces etc. and i think this plain simple style works well with our own look.


For the patterned garments I have looked at shows that mix pattern or have more printed styled fabrics:

Chanel
Spring/Summer 2011



Chanel has a range of different patterned fabrics in the show, I also think that the last image will help with our styling as we need to blend the patterned garments into the plain black garments and here Chanel has an outfit consisting of a black vest and shorts with a chiffon patterned blouse draped over which is an idea we can consider using.


Giles
Spring/Summer 2011




I like the mix of pattern and colour, I also think the print of the dress fits in with the 'potato print' style we are looking for, based on lines and shapes.


PPQ
spring/summer 2011



I like the patterns and clash of colours used in the fabrics in these designs and I think this works well with the fun, creative styling we want to create. I think if we layered patterns like this is will give a youthful fun look.  The last image also shows the use of mixing black and patterned fabrics which we will be doing in some of our images.


No comments:

Post a Comment