Wednesday 20 April 2011

Group Meetings

The first group meeting was held on Friday 25th March, unfortunately I was unable to attend as I have an elective that day. As I was unable to attend, Fay discussed the idea that was being put together. Throughout the project we have been continually keeping in touch and discussing ideas through facebook messaging. Here I was able to have my own input to our theme and could discuss different ideas.

For our theme we have decided to go down the route of a production line and the idea of supresing your creativity in the school system.

In terms of styling, myself and Fay were thinking that the clothes would have to reflect this idea of supressing the creative and fun side that you have as a child.

Initially the group thought of the idea of using florals to show the funner side, but I suggested that we used more graphic prints, the idea came about from the potato stamps you used to create as a child, these were very basic prints usig lines and shapes to create prints. I think this could look good as we would be able to clash different patterns and prints to create this adventurous and creative side.


I like the artisitc style printing creating patterns instead of actual prints such as the hearts and stars etc. 


To create a look that fitted in with the less creative side, we thought we'd make the styling very minimal. We thought that we could make the styling more structured that would fit in with the idea of more structured learning and use black which would show how we are all forced into a uniform look.




I like these images and think they fit in well with styling we want to achieve. For the look we were thinking of using blazers to create a structured shape, we have also looked at structured dresses and accessorising with belts to bring in baggier shapes and make it more fitting.

No comments:

Post a Comment